Discover the secrets to success of today's top managers.
- Learn how to give directions that get results
- Understand how to build a super-productive team
- Gain the most up-to-date, legal information available for disciplining and firing
- Discover what actually motivates employees
- Learn goal-setting and goal-reaching techniques you can put to work immediately
- Gain communication skills and techniques to help avoid problems caused by poor communication
Learn skills and techniques you can use to avoid problems caused by miscommunication and misunderstandings.
- Discover valuable traits needed to be an effective manager
- Learn how to establish expectations and deliver constructive feedback
- Discover when and how to delegate, and to whom
- Learn how to facilitate clear and effective communication
- Learn how to face conflict and disciplinary situations with confidence
- Learn how to build and direct motivated project teams
Arm yourself with the powerful skills, tools and knowledge necessary to lead your troops to success.
- Learn how to motivate your troops to go the extra mile
- Discover strategies for building a high-performing team
- Learn how to use creative problem-solving techniques to find new solutions
- Discover how to weed out slackers and deserters with smart interview tactics
- Discover strategies for guiding employees through changes
- Learn how to communicate clearly and effectively and avoid the minefield of mistakes new leaders usually make
Discover how to build a motivated team and set the stage for their, and your, success.
- Discover strategies to build a motivated team
- Learn how to guide and coach teams through the stages of team evolution
- Effectively manage team processes, including conducting productive team meetings
- Learn out how to manage conflict and handle resistance within the work team
- Understand how to manage group problem-solving and decision-making processes and activities
Learn the skills to become a successful coach and mentor and lead your team to achieve outstanding results.
- Discover the keys to leadership effectiveness
- Learn how to coach your way to phenomenal team results
- Understand how to take your employees’ skills to the next level through mentoring
- Get solutions to your toughest leadership problem(s)
- Learn to effectively lead a team using specific leadership skills
Become the kind of leader who inspires better performance, improves communication and develops strong teams.
- Recognize the unique thinking styles represented on a team and how to provide feedback that is understood and appropriate to each
- Discover how to give clear directions and effectively delegate
- Learn how to use active listening techniques to hear what employees are communicating
- Discover strategies for responding to and managing unsatisfactory employee behavior
- Learn to reduce time-wasters and energy drainers that discourage team productivity
Learn how to put an end to the time-wasting frustration and the stress of dealing with employees with bad attitudes.
- Learn how to confront employees about attitude problems and reverse negative attitudes
- Understand how to give constructive feedback that positively affects performance
- Discover how to head off common areas of conflict
- Learn how to find win-win solutions – fast
- Understand giving verbal or written warnings that get results
Gain new insight and strategies for effectively dealing with challenging employees.
- Understand how important it is to manage yourself
- Learn how to identify the root of performance problems
- Understand the effects of negative employees on your work environment
- Discourage “weeds” from invading your departmental garden
- Discover the gift of constructive criticism
- Perpetuate problem-solving attitudes
Develop and practice the basic skills necessary for successfully adminstering disciplinary action and performance documentation.
- Recognize common discipline problems and causes
- Identify the need for disciplinary action
- Define necessary elements for effective documentation
- Understand the importance of consistency and follow up
- Avoid claims of bias or discrimination from disciplinary and employment actions
Learn best practices for assessing performance, preparing employees for review, giving effective feedback and why it’s vital to document performance immediately.
- Understand the responsibilities of those involved in the performance review process
- Learn to distinguish between standards and goals
- Understand the value of interim informal reviews to the formal review process
- Discover communication techniques that will encourage positive discussion
- Understand how to document employee performance succinctly and effectively
- Learn how to identify common performance review errors
Become familiar with the laws protecting employees both in and out of the courtroom and discover which laws employees are turning to for legal protection.
- Learn how to safeguard your company when many civil lawsuits are employment-related
- Discover the number one mistake many make regarding wrongful terminations
- Learn the steps you can take to reduce the risk of lawsuits from disgruntled employees
- Get updated on newest battleground between employees and employers regarding privacy rights
Learn how to fairly and legally handle serious employee behavior and performance issues.
- Identify the elements of a good disciplinary action process
- Learn how to effectively prepare and deliver disciplinary actions
- Discover best practices for conducting an effective conversation
- Understand the potential legal ramifications surrounding discipline and termination
- Learn how to use constructive language and listening skills during discipline and termination meetings
Learn real-world time management and organization strategies proven to work.
- Increase effectiveness through time management and organizational skills
- Create a personal time management and organization plan
- Discover how to end time traps that slow progress
- Learn to prioritize tasks to aid in productivity
- Learn how to measure how time is spent and gauge its effectiveness
- Learn to manage interruptions and handle disruptions
Discover how to be an effective leader in a changing workplace by developing critical interpersonal skills.
- Understand the basic components of effective supervision
- Learn how to build the practices necessary for effective daily interactions
- Discover how to utilize the diversity of the organization
- Learn conflict resolution and negotiation skills to resolve the challenges of supervision
- Discover how to measure results based upon performance criteria
Develop an understanding of what workplace politics are, how to use them and how to develop political relationships.
- Understand the definition of politics as it applies to the workplace
- Identify personal and interpersonal behavior style and how to intuit the style of coworkers
- Discover a simple script to help deliver difficult messages effectively
- Learn how to maximize relationships to mutually beneficial ends
- Learn how to overcome negative politics and control any resulting damage
Discover the techniques necessary to improve accountability and become a better, stronger, and more effective manager right away, without turning you into the bad-guy.
- Learn how to clearly set and communicate job responsibilities and employee performance and behavior expectations
- Identify and set clear limits with employees resulting in higher standards of behavior and employee acceptance of accountability for their actions
- Learn to support employee performance by providing feedback that leads to greater staff accountability and improved overall job performance
- Learn how to foster accountability, raise levels of productivity, and eliminate blame
- Discover strategies for overcoming resistance and achieving greater levels of buy-in
Learn how to ask the right questions and select the best candidate for the job… 100% legally.
- Identify unlawful interview questions
- Learn how to efficiently screen job applicants
- Understand legal issues regarding recruitment and hiring
- Learn how to analyze interview answers
- Learn how to evaluate candidates’ ability to meet job position objectives
Arm yourself with supervisory techniques, tools and strategies proven to dramatically increase your effectiveness and ensure your success.
- Discover the most common leadership mistakes made by supervisors
- Learn how to give directions that are understood by employees
- Discover ways to eliminate unsatisfactory employee behavior
- Learn how to handle nagging employee attitude problems
- Discover what really motivates today’s workers
- Discover the top 10 morale-busting management mistakes
Learn the latest and greatest leadership strategies and practices that will more effectively inspire and motivate your team right away.
- Understand the complementary skills and characteristics of managing and leading, and implement a productive balance of the two skill sets
- Determine your natural style of leadership and how to fully utilize it
- Learn how to establish credibility as a leader by cultivating work relationships
- Understand how to deal with diverse employees and the potential conflict that can arise
- Learn to communicate as a leader through word choice, actions, and persuasive ability
- Discover strategies for providing feedback that develops team members and leads to results and new directions
Discover the solid leadership skills and expert management solutions needed to be a stronger, more effective supervisor.
- Discover how to establish credibility and authority fast while motivating employees
- Learn how to handle attitude problems and rule-breakers as well as curb absenteeism
- Build communication skills and learn to manage projects, objectives, and timelines
- Learn how to deal with difficult and nonperforming employees
- Learn to lead your people through transition and change
- Learn how to overcome the roadblocks and pitfalls faced by new managers
Get off to a strong start as a supervisor by gaining the necessary skills to handle the many different situations you will encounter in your new position.
- Motivate others to go the extra mile by coaching for higher performance
- Learn to handle the difficult employee and how to confront unwanted behavior
- Find, interview, and hire good people and encourage them to get along
- Discover why supervisors fail and how to raise you credibility in the eyes of your boss
- Understand why people underperform and how to use non-monetary rewards that work
- Adopt winning leadership habits and master the keys to commanding respect
Learn how to effectively manage during times of change.
- Identify changes that will improve leadership and create a positive culture and work environment that is open to change
- Learn how to increase effectiveness through strategic communication
- Understand how to gain the support and cooperation of team members
- Understand the challenges inherent in individual and collective change efforts
- Discover strategies needed to encourage and lead team members to become personally motivated and enthusiastic
- Realize managing the transition is more important than managing the change
Learn how to effectively manage generational differences.
- Discover the multiple generations and their differences
- Understand each group has its own needs, goals and belief system
- Learn how to encourage harmony between generations
- Discover how to produce the best possible results in the shortest possible time while working with a multigenerational team
Learn how to successfully motivate your employees for maximum achievement.
- Gain enhanced knowledge of the major theories of motivation and how to apply them
- Discover the number one mistake managers make with unmotivated employees
- Discover what actually motivates your employees and how to cultivate enthusiasm
- Discover feedback techniques to coach for stronger performance
- Increase awareness of external and internal factors that affect employee performance
Learn to take charge of your time by working smarter, not harder.
- Learn the difference between “prioritizing your schedule” and “scheduling your priorities”
- Learn how organize your workday more efficiently by setting priorities and developing action plans to stay flexible but on track
- Learn how to identify procrastination patterns and time wasters
- Understand how the 80/20 rule can help you resolve priority conflicts
Discover the downside of traditional “to-do lists” and how to once again make them useful
Discover a systematic solution to disciplinary headaches: progressive discipline.
- Discover just what is progressive discipline
- Understand the four steps involved in progressive discipline
- See why you need to investigate the facts before you implement progressive discipline
- Understand the importance of a thorough paper trail
Learn how to tactfully, fairly and legally handle employee performance problems.
- Understand when the line between positive motivation and damaging criticism is crossed
- Find out how managers discover the root cause of employee behavior problems
- Understand how to get employees to buy in to company policy and procedures
- Understand the legal implications of your actions and the liability dos and don’ts
- Learn how to develop a sense of trust among your staff and open the lines of communication
Learn how to resolve any type of disagreement, how to handle confrontation with confidence, and how to prevent conflict.
- Discover the benefits of using assertive communication and listening strategies
- Master easy techniques for calmly and confidently facing confrontation head-on
- Practice proven speaking and presentation skills that project confidence
- Learn relaxation techniques and other strategies for keeping stress from taking a toll
- Discover how to diagnose disagreements and get to the real heart of the matter
Gain insight on the importance of managing stress and the effects it can have on your employees and your workplace.
- Identify sources of stress
- Analyze workplace stress factors
- Review symptoms of stress
- Stress management techniques
- Cost of stress in the workplace
- Common stress management mistakes
- What to do to reduce stress in using time (wisely)
Discover why companies and their leaders who care about the future are incorporating succession planning into their professional goals.
- Discover trends in the industry or marketplace
- Develop plans to better prepare for opportunities and/or problems
- Understand the organization’s strengths and weaknesses as compared with competitors
- Learn how to establish and improve your competitive advantage
- Learn how to develop an effective succession planning structure within the organization
- Understand the various methods of training used for employee development
Discover the steps to take to lead your employees to a renewed sense of responsibility and pride in their work and workplace.
- Define leadership and assess your own leadership style
- Use key coaching steps to improve employee performance
- Increase employee accountability for results
- Discover strategies to align subordinate behaviors with workplace goals