Technology may be provided to you while on assignment to assist you in carrying out the assigned company’s business, therefore the following technology usage policies have been adopted:
- Equipment, supplies, pagers, telephones, computers, and all materials purchased by TAG and/or TAG's business client are to be used for business purposes only.
E-mail & Instant Messaging
- TAG associates accessing the Internet and using e-mail while on an assignment are representing TAG and our business client.
- All Internet and e-mail usage should be for professional reasons.
- TAG associates are responsible for seeing that e-mail is used in an effective, ethical and lawful manner.
- The e-mail system is not to be used to send jokes, "chain mail", or other mass e-mails that are not work-related.
- TAG associates have no right of personal privacy in any matter stored in, created, received, or sent over the TAG or TAG client e-mail system.
- Instant messaging and text messaging is not to be used while on assignment unless prior approval is granted for business purposes.
- All blogging activity is prohibited relating to any TAG work assignments and/or TAG.
Internet & Social Media
TAG respects the right of employees to use social media for self-publishing and self-expression on personal time. However, unless specifically authorized by the company to do so as part of the associate’s position, associates are not permitted to use forms of social media or internet technology during working hours or at any time on TAG or TAG client computers or devices.
Social media includes all means of communicating or posting information or content of any sort on the Internet, including to a blog, personal website, social network or affinity web site, web bulletin board or a chat room, as well as any other form of electronic communication.
Before creating online content, consider some of the risks and rewards that are involved. Keep in mind that any of your conduct that adversely affects your job performance, the performance of fellow associates who work on behalf of TAG’s or our business client interests may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- TAG associates are prohibited from accessing the Internet for any unethical purposes, including pornography, violence, gambling, racism, harassment or any illegal activity.
- You are personally responsible for your online content. You can be held personally liable for content that is considered defamatory, obscene, proprietary or libelous by any offended party, not just TAG.
- You cannot post the name, trademark, or logo of TAG or our business client, or any privileged information, including copyrighted information or company-issued documents.
- You cannot post photographs of other associates, clients, vendors, suppliers, or company products, nor can associates post photographs of persons engaged in TAG or our business client’s business or at company sponsored events.
- Maintain the confidentiality of trade secrets and private or confidential information. Trade secrets may include information regarding the development of systems, processes, products, know-how and technology. Do not post internal reports, policies, procedures or other internal business-related confidential communications.
- Never represent yourself as a spokesperson for TAG or our business client. If either party is a subject of the content you are creating, be clear about the fact that you are an associate and that your views do not represent those of TAG, our business client, or fellow associates.
- If you post complaints or criticism, avoid using statements, photographs, video or audio that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage customers, associates or suppliers, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or any other status protected by law or company policy.
- Do not use company email addresses to register on social networks, blogs or other online tools utilized for personal use.
Failure to abide by these policies will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.